Since we have just completed driving a 2080 km round trip to Canberra and back I thought I would write some very handy tips that help when travelling long distances.
THINGS TO DO:
- Take and drink plenty of water;
- Stop every couple of hours and walk around – necessary for keeping the circulation going in your body – also necessary for toilet stops (because of all the water you are drinking);
- Take plenty of healthy snacks: vegetable sticks and dip, fruit, nuts and dried fruit;
- Be prepared, cut your fruit and vegetables up and have it in handy containers or zip lock bags;
- Take wipes, or damp face washers to wipe sticky fingers;
- Eat heaps of carbohydrates and greasy junk food, especially white bread and hot chips;
- Eat heaps of sweet lollies;
- Just drink soft drinks and sweet beverages;
These are a few hints to just give you an idea. Basically to save money and have healthier choices take your own snacks. It seems to me the minute you get in the car you want to chew on something, my husband finds chewing keeps him awake whilst driving. I find I eat too many carbs and it makes my ankles and feet swell and this is just plain annoying.
Now because I didn’t follow any of my own advice and keep to the above tips I am now going to have to do a detox to get my system back to normal.
A detox could include doing the following:
- Maybe do a juice fast, just a day or so;
- Cut out dairy and sugar;
- Stop eating potatoes and white bread – maybe get some sprouted grain bread to eat for a few days;
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables.
I am not a doctor or health professional, the above tips are things that I find works for me. If you want to try a juice fast or something more severe please check out with your doctor first.
I hope next time you are travelling that it goes well and you arrive safe and sane!!
This post is linked up here…
3 thoughts on “TRAVELLING TIPS”
Good advice. Staying hydrated is probably the most important thing we can do. Safe travels!
Thanks Daisy, blessings
Good advice, I think we all need the detox after one of these trips.